In this class we’ll play in the paint together again as we learn how to create these ethereal creatures in a whimsical style. We will take this lesson to learn and explore the colors on our palettes, to get acquainted with their transparency, and to exploit that understanding to convey a sense of translucency to the butterly wings! Once we know the nature of our colors, we can harness the power of painting in layers and use watercolor’s transparent nature to our advantage! We’ll also work around the color wheel to reinforce our understanding of how to pair colors for the most beautiful results.
- Watercolors see my supply lists https://rebeccazartist.com/beginners-supply-list and https://rebeccazartist.com/supply-list-for-watercolor/
- Pre-drawn sketch of reference photo on your Arches watercolor paper (I will be painting on a (15×22) ½ sheet of Arches. (Moulin du Roy also acceptable) Note- if you use another type of paper, it WILL impact your results. I strongly recommend not using sketch paper or any other brands for any of my classes.
- A gator board to paint on (You may tape your painting to the board if a white border is desired. It will also help to keep your painting flat)
- Kleenex/paper towel
- Water container
- One good liner or rigger brush
- other brushes of your choice