This class will be happening on International Dog Day! The perfect time to explore host of techniques to help you paint perfect pet portraits (say THAT 3 times real fast!) We’ll explore painting smooth and curly fur and teeth, and talk about how to bring life into their eyes. <3 I promise, this will be a class that you will not want to miss. It’s such a fun lesson and one of my favorite subjects!
- Watercolors see my supply lists https://rebeccazartist.com/beginners-supply-list and https://rebeccazartist.com/supply-list-for-watercolor/
- Pre-drawn sketch of reference photo on your Arches watercolor paper. (Moulin du Roy also acceptable) I will use a square composition for this painting. Note- if you use another type of paper, it WILL impact your results. I strongly recommend not using sketch paper or any other brands for any of my classes.
- A gator board to paint on (You may tape your painting to the board if a white border is desired. It will also help to keep your painting flat)
- Brushes- One brush you will need is a good liner or rigger brush. Another that would be helpful is a cheap liner brush for masking fluid application. These type brushes have long thin synthetic hairs. The cheaper the better for masking fluid usage. I will be using a variety of brushes to paint with but use the ones you have! It’s important to get to know the brushes you own.
- Masking fluid
- A plastic straw, dip pen, or architect’s ruling pen for masking fluid application
- Kleenex/paper towel
- Water container
- Brushes of your choice
- Colored Pencils (optional)
- Palette Knife