School of Fish Class Information
I’ll walk you through how to paint this playful school of fish based on a single drawing and just a few colors. We’ll also explore the effects of alcohol! On your paintings…and not you 😉 We will draw and paint this one together and everyone’s school of fish will turn our differently. You can even choose to paint your fish another color!
- Watercolor paper torn into a square. You’ll want a size large enough to have multiple fish. If you want smaller fish, reduce the size of the fish image with your printer. I think it’s easiest to work a little larger for this painting. It gives you more room to play with arranging the fish. I would make the fish drawing at least as big as your hand.
- Line Drawing of fish
- I sheet of tracing paper or wax paper
- 1 sheet of wax free graphite transfer paper or a sheet of typing paper with fresh graphite covering one side.
- Watercolors of your choice.
- 97% rubbing alcohol
- Eyedropper or small spoon or straw for creating drops
- Hairdryer or heatgun
- Your favorite watercolor brushes, water, a board for painting. You may want to tape this painting to a board or work in a block to help keep it flat while we work.