The new year finds me beginning something new…winging it once again! I’ve moved out of my cozy home studio. It was home to so many happy moments of sharing and artistic growth, but also home to some serious flights of stairs. I’ve now moved into a dedicated teaching studio that I plan to test as my new home away from home. It’s a warm and inviting space once you get inside…it’s kind of like the Tardis for all you Dr. Who fans out there! Once you walk in the door, it’s surprisingly larger than it would seem from the outside (and if I take the analogy further, it will hopefully be a vehicle to explore and experience things we never even imagined!)
In case you’re curious about what the new studio looks like: here’s a link to a video of the new studio location…I hope to see you there soon! YouTube Studio Tour- Video
Classes will be held as follows, but check my calendar periodically and subscribe to this blog to stay up to date on new class offerings and studio happenings.
- New Studio Address: 4021 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582
- Cost: $25 Materials available for $5/class
What’s Happening NOW… Here’s my current schedule of classes:
Wednesday Watercolor Techniques : Time: 1-4 PM
- This class focuses on techniques that harness the beauty of watercolor. Every class includes a short lesson with content pertaining to watercolor techniques. The remainder of class allows time to paint with assistance from me. I always welcome independent or ongoing projects. I work with individuals to develop projects based on current, past lessons or photo references and work with them at their level and their pace. My paintings can always serve as inspiration, and I’m happy to show you everything I know. =)
Saturday Art Sessions : Time: 1-4 PM
- This is a more open formatted class. Different media will be welcomed, encouraged, and demonstrated. Since I work in a lot of different media, this class may head in different and varied directions. My lessons and paintings can always serve as your focus. This month, we are exploring wax and watercolor in combination…exploring batik, wax stamping, and wax resist. Here are a few examples of class projects:
What’s Happening Soon…Exp!ore Mosaic on Glass!
Look at the beautiful student work that came out of the last time I taught this class!
- New Workshop begins January 27th: Exp!ore Mosaic on Glass- Create beautiful glass windows filled with light and color! 5 week class, Wednesday evenings 5-7 PM,6 person minimum. Begins 1/27/16 for 5 consecutive weeks. Cost $125 for 5 classes Excluding materials. Contact me for a supply list and to reserve your seat today! 843-450-2307 or email email@example.com
Winter Blahs…Is Winter reminding you of why you like to travel???? I can help!
The sure cure for the “blahs” is making plans to visit beautiful Tuscany in Italy! Of all the many places I go, this is by far my favorite. I’d love to show you and your traveling companions all my favorite places, enjoy the gourmet chef prepared meals, and sip wine along with you as we savor the scenery and flavors of Tuscany. It’s a painter’s and photographer’s dream come true, but there’s plenty to do for painters and non-painters alike (hiking, swimming, shopping, cooking lessons, daily excursions, but we sleep in the same bed every night). Sign up today and let’s start making plans! Here’s a link to the brochure Eat Paint Cook Tour of Tuscany Brochure Sept. 24-Oct. 1, 2016